Have you hit a plateau in your weight loss plan? Are you frustrated trying to lose weight? If either of those questions applies to you, laxatives may just be that extra boost you’re looking for. Trudging through the jungle of weight loss options can be exhausting, not to mention expensive. Laxatives can help fix that problem! Believe it or not, laxatives can be used as an alterative to other weight loss plans, and are relatively inexpensive.
Although this option can be customized to you, laxatives can provide a straightforward approach to weight loss. When waking up in the morning, before any sort of meal, you take a laxative. This not only helps to clean out the system from the day before, but makes processing food a much faster process. Then throughout the day, dieters take a laxative before every meal. 3 moderate doses of laxatives a day before each meal, and many start to see results. Another effective way to use laxatives as an assistant in your weight loss routine is to take one dose in the morning before you eat, and a dose at nighttime, before going to bed. However, with this approach, you should be prepared to get up during the night to use the bathroom. Pair laxatives with a healthy lifestyle of working-out regularly and making healthy meal choices, and the results will speed up.
The key of the laxatives diet (as is true with any diet) is balance, and maintaining it at a healthy level. Your body should always have some food, and lots of water in it while a laxative is at work. When on this regimen, you have to be sure to drink LOTS of water, which assists in loosening the bowels. When you have looser bowel movements on a more regular basis, your body is losing a significant amount of water.
When choosing the right laxative option for you, it’s important to review your options. Here is a compiled list to assist you in your search for an effective and safe option. Remember, before starting a laxative diet, be sure to check with your doctor to see if it’s a viable option for you and your lifestyle. Below are four types of laxatives to consider:
- Laxative Type 1: This type of laxative is the mildest form. It consists of fiber, which reforms the stool’s consistency, to help it pass through the system effectively and naturally.
- Laxative Type 2: This form of laxative is effective through being osmotic. It’s stronger results work by drawing water from the body, into the colon to help flush out the system. With this laxative it is especially important to be replenishing your body of the water it is losing.
- Laxative Type 3: An even stronger laxative type is those which physically change the consistency of the stool. Be softening the stool, this laxative is especially effective in patients suffering from constipation and stool back-up.
- Laxative Type 4: This laxative type is by far the strongest and hardest on your body. Its stimulant make up allows it to actively irritate the walls of the colon, which are then forced to expel themselves.
This weight loss plan is not without its dangers, however. Many laxatives can be habit forming, which leads to dangerous doses of laxatives. Misuse can lead to serious damage of your body that is irreversible. In fact, many women who get addicted to laxatives spiral out of control. With this in mind, it’s important to understand the side effects of taking such a supplement. Reactions to using and mis-using laxatives can include (but are not limited to):
- Electrolyte unbalance in the brain resulting in fatal seizures. This is apparent when laxative are used excessively.
- Deterioration of the interior lining of the colon. In extreme cases, this could eventually lead to the use of colostomy bags for the rest of one’s life.
- If misused, laxatives can cause bleeding in the kidney, which could have both long and short-term consequences.
- Excessive laxative use could lead to malnutrition, resulting in the heart arrhythmia.
When used correctly, and in moderation, laxatives can be very affective in helping you reach your body goals, whether that be loosing weight, and/or getting healthier.
The weight loss industry offers a vast array of options for today’s consumer. In order to navigate the best course of action in your journey to a healthier you, it is important to have a positive mindset and realistic goals. If you put in the work, results will happen. Beware of any options that offer super fast results, however, as they most likely are a hoax, or may be detrimental to your health.